[mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problem

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 16:37:35 UTC 2009

> However, I also decided to see if it was doing what it should be and
> unmounted /video and it then wouldn't play anything at all.

> I'm not sure what that means, to be honest.

That means that it's not streaming from the backend.

You don't need your backend recording directory mounted on a remote
frontend to watch Recorded TV or LiveTV.

I guess you may need to restart the backend and/or the frontend to
force it to stream, if the recordings were previously available via a
local mount point.

This look a promising avenue of exploration to me.