[mythtv-users] nvidia 8200 IGP + VDPAU no luck

Zach C uid000 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 22:55:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've read a number of reports that seem to confirm that the 8200 IGP is
sufficient for VDPAU decoding of HD h.264 material, such as that
produced by the HD-PVR.

I've had no luck with mine.

When I play back 720p the video is smooth for about two or three
seconds, then starts to stuttering and dropping frames.

If I put a dedicated card in (9500 GT), playback is as smooth as butter.

Is there any special build-time configuration that will help?  What
about settings in the software, such as deinterlacer (shouldn't
matter--720p), etc?

My configuration:
I've got a SFF Acer machine with an 8200 IGP,  Athlon LE-1600 and the
maximum memory allocated to the GPU (512MB I think).
I'm running trunk revision 20949
I'm running on Mythbuntu 9.04 with the default mythtv packages removed.
Nvidia drivers are 185.18.14

Thanks for any tips

Zach