[mythtv-users] WinTV-HVR-2200/1700

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Thu Jul 23 11:18:20 UTC 2009

Hi!

Robert McNamara wrote:
> Having spoken to Steve about it, he doesn't have any interest in
> implementing analog at the moment.
>
> Robert

With some luck it is/was for the reason given in this (blog) entry:

http://www.kernellabs.com/blog/?p=337

(the part in bold)

Essentially he said that support for the digital side of the HVR-22xx was not yet
fully stable (on some PCs while it is on others...) and he would not implement analog
support until it was.

 From reading his more recent entries it looks like he might soon find the reason of
these problems...

I do believe I have read that analog support on these cards pose a new challenge
since the two encoders (I think...) art not *entirely* independant of each others and
that there was limitations on what you could get them to do at the same time.

Have a nice day!