[mythtv-users] I used dvdbackup -M to copy DVDs to drive. Now what?

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:51:58 UTC 2009

I used dvdbackup to copy the content of my DVDs to my hard drive.

I can play individual chapter titles with Xine or Mplayer, but neither
player will move on to the next chapter title, and I can not play an
entire DVD from the hard drive.

I used "dvdbackup -M -i /dev/dvd  -o /file_for_storage" to copy the DVDs.

Any suggestion? I would like to play these videos with MythTV, and
having them play with Xine or Mplayer seems to be a good first step.

Thanks.
hpladds