[mythtv-users] MythTV - Asterisk integration

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Jul 23 18:19:09 UTC 2009

H P Ladds wrote:
> Have you looked at LinuxMCE? I believe Asterisk is incorporated, but
> how/why would you use Asterisk to check recordings?
The OP wants to hook Asterisk into the backend, not the frontend.  While
the old mythphone provided A/V calling, this is intended to provide a
phone menu. e.g...

press 1 to list off previous recordings
press 2 to list upcoming recordings
press 3 and enter channel number for a daily lineup

While a couple years ago, this would have been an interesting
capability, I think WAP and HTML capability on modern phones more than
adequately fills that purpose.