[mythtv-users] Flattening menus, specifically put Burn DVD on Main Menu

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Jul 23 18:29:06 UTC 2009

Scott Traurig wrote:
>> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:04:09 -0700
>> From: Brad DerManouelian <bderman at gmail.com>
>>
>> On Jul 22, 2009, at 7:31 PM, Scott Traurig wrote:
>>

>>> I've been hacking up the main menu a bit by editing the mainmenu.xml
>>> file
>>> and have had good success in getting it the way I want with the
>>> exception of
>>> getting a direct link to the Burn DVD menu item. It would be greatly
>>> preferred to not have to drill down through Optical Disks, Archive
>>> Files and
>>> Export Files just to get to Burn DVD. Is there any way to put Burn
>>> DVD at
>>> the top level in mainmenu.xml?
>>>
>> Curious as to what Burn DVD would do without going through the Archive
>> Files menu to select things to burn.
>>

> Exactly, Brad! It doesn't work. I can't just dump it on there. In fact I had
> trouble with any amount of flattening and "Optical Disks" still holds a
> place of dishonor on my main menu. There is clearly something I don't
> understand about the <depends> tag where all this is concerned and it is my
> assumption that somehow the mytharchive plug-in needs to be
> entered/instantiated first.
>
> I've had good success with changing the number of items on the menu, fonts,
> icons, adding menus items for external app's, etc. but I'm stymied on this
> one!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Scott

You would need to use a jump point something like this for it to work :-

<action>JUMP Create DVD</action>

unfortunately it doesn't look like I ever defined any jump points in
MythArchive so it's not going to work :-(.

I've just added the necessary jump points to trunk
(http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21005) so it will now work if
that's the version you are using, if not you'll just have to wait for
0.22 to be released.

Paul H.