[mythtv-users] Toggle AC3/DTS pass through

Casey Bragg caseybragg at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 23:03:42 UTC 2009

I have a need to be able to toggle the AC3 and DTS pass through settings depending on what I'm watching.  I created a script to do that directly in the database.  I trigger the script from a menu item.

To turn passthrough on, I run this SQL:
" update mythconverg.settings set data=1 where value like '%PassThru' and hostname='mythfemain' "

The script works, but the change doesn't seem to "take".  This is not a sql commit problem.  I see the changed values in the DB.  However, if I toggle the passthrough buttons through the setup->general screen, the change works correctly.

Is there some field I need to adjust other than settings.AC3PassThru->data and settings.DTSPassThru->data?

Thanks!

FYI - Somebody might need to know why I'm doing this.  The reason is that I'm feeding two TVs off of one head.  One TV apparently can't handle the AC3/DTS signal, but the other can.  The one apparently can only handle stereo over SPDIF(actually over HDMI).  Bummer.  It's a Sony Bravia LCD. Would have been nice to know before purchase.