[mythtv-users] Commercial-skip stops skipping after skip-back/forward
cghareeb at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 04:32:23 UTC 2009
I'll apologize in advance for being long-winded, but I've been experiencing a strange commercial-skip symptom with the following reproduction procedure:
1. A program is recorded, and commercial flagging is automatically run on it
2. After commercial flagging has completed, I begin watching the program (Auto-Skip is enabled)
3. At flag#1, a skip occurs as predicted, the bottom banner shows the skip interval, and program play continues at flag#2
4. At flag#3, a skip occurs as predicted, the bottom banner shows the skip interval, and program play continues at flag#4.
5. Within a second of the skip to flag#4, I question whether the skip was accurate because the scene didn't seem to be over, and so I issue a Skip-Back IR command (or keyboard "Q")
6. The program skips back to flag#3 and continues playing. A-ha, there were a few extra seconds of show after the flag but before the commercial, glad I skipped back. Now the remainder of the scene has played and the commercial has begun. Because I know that flag#4 is in the right place at the end of the commercial break (I saw the skip a minute ago), I issue a Skip-Forward IR command (or keyboard "Z").
7. The program skips forward to flag#4 and continues playing.
8. At flag#5 and subsequent flags in this program, no skip nor notification occurs.
Note that if, during a repeat of the same procedure, I issue a jump-ahead (right-arrow) or jump-back (left-arrow) IR command between step 7 and step 8, then behavior returns to normal when flag#5 and subsequent flags occur (i.e. a skip occurs).
I don't pretend to understand the flagger's logic, nor the frontend's ability to turn those flags into a commercial-free watching experience (which it does AWFULLY well), but it seems like this behavior is unintended. Has anyone experienced similar?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users