[mythtv-users] Best PCI HD capture card?

Arthur H. Hamm Jr. badnewseveryone at izzy.net
Fri Jul 24 19:41:08 UTC 2009

> What are the bad things about the 1600?
>
> I just bought a pair of them :-(

The driver is stand alone and not part of the "ivtv" set. Hauppauge and
Conexant have helped with the development of this driver for a single
product. How long will Hauppauge keep making it? When will Hauppauge and
Conexant stop caring about keeping the driver up to date?

Hauppauge has made several models with the same model number. This has
caused me some confusion about the problem threads I have read about the
1600.

The 1600 honors the "broadcast flag".

Comments I consider unreliable say the picture quality is less than the
HD-5500.

--
Arthur H. Hamm Jr.
BadNewsEveryone at izzy.net