[mythtv-users] Remote Mythfrontend Problem

Mark Garland mythtvusers at markgarland.co.uk
Sat Jul 25 22:28:41 UTC 2009

Hi Steve,

I too start mine from a shortcut/icon created when I installed mythtv.
I'm not sure whether this starts it "as a service" in the linux sense of the
word.
The shortcut/icon runs the command "mythfrontend --service".

I've just tried it for you from a command line and it gave the below...

mark at htpc:~$ mythfrontend --service
Please note: additional command line arguments will not be passed
  to mythfrontend when using --service
Please set them in /etc/mythtv/session-settings instead

Frontend logs are then found here: /var/log/mythtv/mythfrontend.log
To me (relative linux newbie) these look (using ls -lia) like standard files
here, not links to somewhere else.

Hope that helps,

MG
-----
"The most overlooked advantage of owning a computer is that if they foul up
there's no law against whacking them around a bit."