[mythtv-users] Cannot access videos through Mythweb

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 17:02:43 UTC 2009

Hi,
I recently had to reinstall Myth after a hard drive failure, luckily I
was able to get my DB from a backup and all my video files. However in
mythweb when viewing the videos, if I try to click on one to watch it
the file is not found. The link is pointing to
http://site.com/mythweb/data/var/lib/mythtv/videos/<filename>. I've
never seen this before and obviously it's not right. My videos are
stored in /var/lib/mythtv/videos and the /var/www/mythweb/data/video
is properly linked. Other symptoms include the Directory Structure in
the left-hand corner is empty and all video covers are missing. I'm
guessing these are all related to mythweb looking in the wrong place.
I'm able to view the videos fine in the frontend. My mythweb version
is 0.21.0+fixes20931-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu3.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
--Justin Johnson