[mythtv-users] Comcast analog shutdown for SF Southbay

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 23:32:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Brad Fuller<bradallenfuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Mark Knecht<markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Oppss...  Should have checked my typing! Try again:
>>>
>>> 1-34:    Still on
>>> 35-66:  not on
>>> 67-82:  Still on
>>>
>>> I can only assum 67-82 will go away sometime soon.
>>
>> One thing that did happen last night was the bandwidth on Letterman
>> almost doubled. It's been running about 1.1GB for the hour over the
>> last month. Jumped to about 1.8GB last night. No noticible difference
>> in picture quality watching with the dead and/or dieing MythTV Player
>> app, but it was listed with more disk space.
>>
>> Probably not related but I thought I'd share it.
>>

> wouldn't it would be related in that there is now more bandwidth
> available (in my neck of the woods.)
>

> --
> Brad Fuller

Yeah, I makes sense, but analog's not off here so maybe they are
upping the bandwidth everywhere and then shutting down analog as they
get around to it.

I don't suppose they are bandwidth limited at midnight anyway.

On a related topic, after analog is gone and Comcast starts moving
digital channels around more and more, is there a page at the MythTV
site that explains how to RESCAN using scte65scan? I did my initial
scan a couple of months ago, and it worked great, but I've forgotten
everything I did and there wasn't anything for me to negatively
impact. Maybe there won't be this time either but I'd like to read up
on how to do that before my need actually arises. I suspect this sort
of thing will happen and I won't know it's happened and then the
family will complain about missing recordings. I don't like to learn
when people are griping at me! ;-)

Thanks,
Mark