[mythtv-users] Channel guide order

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 29 16:27:43 UTC 2009

On 07/29/2009 03:15 AM, Joel wrote:
> Trivial question, but is the guide data always in reverse numerical
> order on the frontend?  I don't remember it being this way before, but
> to be honest, I've rarely looked at it, usually using mythweb, which is
> listed in numerical order.  While I can appreciate that the channel up
> button still goes up a channel when they are listed in reverse order in
> the guide, it seems backwards from every other guide, including mythweb,
> so it's confusing to look at.  Is this an option somewhere?

No.  You must have changed it.

In General TV settings, there's a setting, "Channel ordering," allowing
you to select, "channel number," or, "channel name."

And both channel number and channel name are user-editable fields in
mythtv-setup and MythWeb's channel editors, allowing you to specify any
order you like.  Note, though, that you need to ensure each channel
number is unique across all sources for LiveTV to work properly.

Mike