[mythtv-users] Recording from TV whilst watching a video

Leigh Sharpe lsharpe at pacificwireless.com.au
Thu Jul 30 02:20:17 UTC 2009

Hi All,
 This sounds like something I should be able to do, but I've failed
miserably.
I had a program scheduled to record last night. At the time, I was also
watching a video on my myth box. I checked the backend status on MythWeb
and saw that it was recording when it should.
However, when I go into 'watch recordings' and try to watch the program
I recorded, Myth tells me that the file for the program cannot be found.
Additionally, under 'Recorded Programs' in MythWeb, the program is
listed as "still recording" some 12+ hours later, and the file size is
0B.
Anybody care to guess what I've done wrong? Have I tried to do something
I can't do?
What can I do to avoid having to tell somebody that I missed recording
their favourite show (save leaving the country)?

Leigh.