[mythtv-users] state of blu-ray playback?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:37:49 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/7/31 Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>:
> If you really wanted, you could run AnyDVD under a virtual machine, share
> the drive under samba, mount it back under linux.  With a bit of scripting,
> you could probably automate the whole task.  However even then, there is no
> free program capable of using blu-ray or hddvd menus.  Your only option is
> still to just play back the individual files.

In my long quest of being able to playback bluray on either linux or
my mac mini (without HDCP) ; I tried that. And unfortunately this
never worked properly even using gigabit networking.

Windows share over AnyDVD has shocking performance and the image would
stutter greatly.

I had better luck exporting the disk using iSCSI, but it's an absolute
pain to set up (especially on Linux).

In the end I just gave up and reboot my PC using windows (and I
ditched the mac mini , with intel GMA950)