[mythtv-users] Lirc, Harmony 525 remote & SuSE 11.1

john blue rwc at bestpond.com
Fri Jul 31 07:45:54 UTC 2009

I am progressing with my mythtv installation but am having a problem with getting Lirc to co-operate with my
Harmony 525 remote.

I am running SuSE 11.1 and have been looking at the excellent generic guide for harmony remotes contributed
by Douglas Wagner.

Presently I am trying to resolve two issues which are preventing me progressing.

1. I have to configure the configuration file /etc/sysconfig/lirc and had been following the guide to setting
up opensuse (10.2, 10.3 & 11.x) on the wiki, in those guides it suggests editing the file to have:
LIRCD_DRIVER="default"
LIRCD_DEVICE="/dev/lirc"
LIRC_MODULE=lirc_i2c     in this case it is referring to the PVR-150 remote, of which I know nothing.

So my issue is what lirc_module would I use for the Logitech harmony 525 remote?

2. The other issue is what Lirc modules should be loaded with the kernel at boot time, anbd should they all
be available with the SuSE packages?

I should also mention that I am using a Silverstone 16MR case which has the Soundgraph Imon display and had
an Imon pad remote. The display works well with LCDproc and the imon remote was working previously, except
for a couple of dead keys, which is partly why I am hoping to use the Harmony 525 remote..

I would appreciate any assistance or advice to move me further along my mythtv path.

john

--

John Blue