[mythtv-users] DVD skip forward/rewind hangs mythfrontend - Trunk 0.22

Rafael Moslin rafmoslin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 12:59:22 UTC 2009

2009/6/1 Mark Kendall <mark.kendall at gmail.com>

> 2009/6/1 Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org>:
> >> with dvd playback with trunk (that I'm seeing anyway). As you say
> >> there are occasional menu issues plus seeking/skipping problems and
> >
> > I've added a patch to the ticket which fixes it for me.
>
> Greg
>
> Thanks for that - I tested for the best part on an hour without issue
> and it looks like the real deal :)
> You've saved my morning.
>

> > I've also got lots of DVD's (mostly boxed tv series) that show the menu
> issues
> > so I'm willing to test anything anyone comes up with :)
>
> One of the complications here is that it seems to be dependent on the
> video renderer. Can you see if you get different results for different
> video output - e.g. xvideo, vdpau, opengl

Snip 8<

Second that thought, thanks Greg and Mark, I was about to report back that
I've found some DVD's where the problem didn't occur but you're both way
ahead of me. I did try and recompile with the latest trunk early this
morning to test out the patch but there was a shed load of compilation
errors and I had to get to work.

If I can help with the DVD menu problems then by all means say, happy to
compile a list of problem, DVD's and differences between renderers. VDPAU is
a little tricky for me as it only works if I SSH in and then run the
frontend, must fix that but it's been low on the list.

Rafael.