[mythtv-users] How to get 5.1 dts spdif out from ac3 sources?

Ryan Allen ryan at the-summit.net
Mon Jun 1 22:05:16 UTC 2009

* Harry Coin <hcoin at quietfountain.com> wrote on [06-01-09y 12:50]:

> My second mistake was setting the 'maximum channels' to 5.1.   The correct
> choice for multichannel digital output is 'stereo'.  Why that is correct
> when I actually want and have 5.1 output is confusing.

I'll second this.  I went down this road yesterday, and wasted hours
trying to figure out what was wrong.  It turned out to be a long list of
things that were wrong, and one was I set "maximum channels" to 5.1.

That was what I wanted.  It produced silence.  It works when I set it to
"stereo".

I too am using SPDIF from myth to my receiver....

-Ryan