[mythtv-users] Upgrade irblaster LIRC Woes

auric auric at aanet.com.au
Tue Jun 2 21:31:31 UTC 2009

> Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:14:47 -0400
> From: "Edward Brookhouse" <ebroo at healthydirections.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Upgrade irblaster LIRC Woes (but fixed
> 	watching live	tv)
> To: "mythtv-users at mythtv.org" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> Hi all,
>

> I recently upgraded my frontend and backend to the latest stable, using Mythdora, (I know this should go on the Mythdora list, but since this is just as mythtv specific as mythdora...)
>

> I've managed to get everything back up and running except my irblaster. Over two weeks I have tried everything up to replacing the blaster itself because I couldn't see it emitting any IR.
>

> Still no joy - all modules load fine, /dev/lircd1 gets created by lirc_serial as it should, but irsend never actually seems to transmit anything from the blaster. The serial ports worked before I rebuilt the OS, but can anyone offer any additional thoughts on troubleshooting?
>

> I did manage to fix my watching live tv issues (I could record fine, but watching live tv blinked for a few then returned) my fix was to delete the capture card from mythtv-setup, and re-add.
>

> Edward

I'm running Fedora 10, not mythdora, but had the same issue. Have never
been able to get the lirc serial driver supplied by Fedora to work.

I download the lirc source. Configure and compile the lirc_serial driver
and then copy the resulting lirc_serial.ko over the one supplied by the
Fedora kernel. i.e. you don't need to do a full make install, just
replace the lirc_serial kernel driver. You have to re-do this for every
new kernel.
See http://web.aanet.com.au/~auric/ for a bit more info.

Auric