[mythtv-users] JYA - Question for you about mythcommflag from your VDPAU repo?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 00:34:06 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/6/3 William <william_munson at comcast.net>:
> First off, thanks for  your help getting things set up and running. I only
> have one issue left and its a fairly significant one.
>
> The mythcommflag from your repo does not work for me. It either completely
> segfaults or runs at a pace 10x normal for that machine and ends up
> reporting either 0 or 130+ commercials. As a test, I set up my normal
> desktop computer, which runs F10, with the stock mythbackend from their repo
> and ran mythjobqueue on that computer as a slave. It has correctly flagged
> all the programs. Unfortunately its not very powerful and takes a long time
> to process a show.
>
> For giggles, I renamed mythcommflag from your repo and copied over the one
> from F10. It faults out looking for a .so module. Sorry, that was last night
> and I didnt note the exact name.
>
> Is this a known issue? What can I do about it? Can I do anything to help
> troubleshoot it?

Someone wrote to me a few month ago that mythcommflag was segfaulting
on his machine... Provided it was working fine for me and others, and
his setup was crashing in many other places and he had trouble
compiling to start with. When asked about a backtrace I was given
something unusable with no debugging symbols : as such I rudely
dismissed the issue as being on his machine only.

I haven't touched anything related to mythcommflag ; my changes are
purely related to the frontend only. I have no problem with the
existing backend , commflag so I never had to touch it.

So I would assume that any issues you see in my repo be mythcommflag
would exist with the original mythbuntu packages.

If you are running my testing repository, it is compiled with
debugging symbols. So if you could run mythcommflag in gdb and provide
a backtrace, I could have a look of what's going on.

But if there's a bug there, it ain't me :)

Jean-Yves