[mythtv-users] Quick opinions

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Wed Jun 3 03:04:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:46 PM, Alan Marchiori <alan at alanmarian.com> wrote:
> OK, ran into issues, but I have to stop playing for now.

Update....  a very interesting result.  I looked at /proc/cpuinfo and
it reported my CPU as 1GHz (should be 2.6GHz).  I did some searching
around and installed the cpufrequtils ubuntu package.  cpufreq-info
also reported 1GHz even while playing the h264 file.  I played around
with the different governors and only performance put the reported cpu
freq up to 2.6GHz.

Bottom line is with the CPU at 2.6GHz the clip played fine with
perfect audio sync and 35%-40% cpu load.

I have a mostly stock mythubuntu 9.04 system.  Not sure why default it
clocks the CPU so low.?