[mythtv-users] MythTv, HD-PVR & Xine

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 3 15:29:47 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009 08:47:05 Doug Haber wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I've been recording shows using my HD-PVR (with Myth SVN trunk) and on a
> relatively powerful box the playback is fine.  However, when I try to
> playback the files on a Mac Mini I get a lot of stuttering and prebuffering
> pause messages in the logs.  However, if I play the file back on the Mac
> Mini using Xine then the playback is pretty smooth.  Is there anything I
> can do to get Myth to use the same playback as Xine?  If not, is there any
> way to use the regular recordings list but then have it play the file in
> Xine instead of directly in Myth?

Myth does more than just playback the file, which is why you need more
horsepower.

You would lose things like commercial skip, the ability to play at different
speeds and other nice features of Myth if you were to use a different
playback program.

I guess having smooth playback is a higher priority than skipping commercials,
I just wanted to point out the drawbacks to using a non-Myth playback engine.

Have you tried different playback profiles? Some are more demanding than
others.

--
beww
beww at beww.org