[mythtv-users] Upgrade to VDPAU or fix my xorg file

Stephen Peters steve at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Jun 3 21:24:14 UTC 2009

Using two cards from different makers woudl mean running two X servers, and I
suspect they might not cooperate well if you want to make one large screen
out of two monitors.

So adding an nVidia card to your ATI and Intel mix would probably just confuse
things even more.

It might be possible, but I'd think that having two similar cards, or at least
cards that could use the same driver, would make things easier.

I know you can run two monitors with a single nVidia card.

That ATI card is, well, ancient. Do you have an AGP or PCIe slot in the office
machine? I suspect your 7300 is not a PCI card.

Ya, my ati cards are pretty ancient, but they're good enough for this computer since no real graphics stuff is done on it.
My 7300 is pci express, but i'd have to take it out of my mythbox and replace it.
That's why i was thinking of going vdpau. I'd rather not spend anything if i could, and just get the 2 ati cards to work if possible.

--Thanks