[mythtv-users] Questions about HD-PVR and VDPAU

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 01:23:18 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/6/4 Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com>:
> I'm new at this, so please bear with me...
>
> Anyway, Yeechang pointed to what looks like a digression from the
> "perfect deinterlacer" thread.  The patch involves changing a line at
> the end of NuppelVideoPlayer::AutoDeint() to be
>    m_scan_locked = (m_scan_tracker > min_count && !ringBuffer->isDVD());

This is to prevent an issue it the video changes between interlaced
and progressive signal. What this patch does is lock on one type (the
starting type) and won't change in between, it prevents some jerkiness
while mythtv change the deinterlacer...

I believe the latest nvidia drivers don't require this as they can
automatically detect what deinterlacer to apply.

Now it could create an issue if you were to use the fieldorder
deinterlacer. which isn't your case I believe.

> I just tried this out and I don't see any of the jerkiness with VDPAU
> Advanced 1x that I saw before.  (I saw plenty of jerkiness with
> Advanced 2x, but I think that my 9400 can't handle that.)

The 9400 can do Advanced 2X on SD content, but not on HD