[mythtv-users] Problem with 1080i h264 video - video appears to be twice as long as it should.

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Thu Jun 4 16:09:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 8:29 AM, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have seen the same problem for months.  I even posted a bug ticket
> for it: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6448  There has been no
> response.  Nobody else seemed to see the issue.
>
> I run ubuntu and compile straight SVN trunk with none of the patches
> being discussed.  I record from a hauppauge HD-PVR and playback with
> VDPAU.
>
> Luckily there is an easy workaround.  If you turn off the "prompt at
> end of recording" feature then mythtv will play recordings all the way
> to the end.

That explains why my Ubuntu frontend plays to the end - I don't have
that option set on that frontend, but do on my dedicated machine's
frontend. Thanks for the tip!
--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,