[mythtv-users] VDPAU ?

Tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jun 5 01:03:22 UTC 2009

Nick

One potential (again temporary?) advantage of such CPU grunt is that VLC can also well play our 1080i - as VLC has yet to gain
vdpau. (So far as I know)

This of course assumes one might want to do that, I do and it works well as I play live 1080i content from a HDHomerun - it well
avoids questions of live TV issues in myth!

It has also been pointed out that comm flagging can be better handled by more CPU while video is offloaded to the GPU.

There are plenty of places I'd look for problems playing vdpau before I'd look to the CPU.