[mythtv-users] IR blaster connection to internal serial header

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Fri Jun 5 07:56:44 UTC 2009

Greetings

I'm just commisioning a new backend on an Asus M3N78 Pro motherboard and
the serial port extender to get a 9 pin D type onto the back for an STB IR
blaster is an extra (i.e. not in the box!).

There is no information in the manual as to the pinouts of the header,
does anyone know if they are standard (probably not) or where in
Australasia I can get the necessary doodaki?

I guess if I had the pinouts I could just wire a 3.5mm jack to a header
and mount that on the back panel but the correct connector would be handy
since the IR blaster requires control lines rather than just TX and RX
data.

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks