[mythtv-users] What do you think is the best de-interlacer to use?

Glenn Sommer glemsom at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 09:53:27 UTC 2009

Personally I'm using Yadif 2x for HD content, and VDPAU Advanced 2X
for SD content.

My 8500GT card can handle up to Temporal 2X on HD content - but sadly
VDPAU isn't robust enough to handle glitches in the stream - so I had
to settle for software deinterlacing for HD channels.

IMO the Advanced deinterlacers are fine for daily use! :)