[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu mythtv-database wants to erase my database.

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Fri Jun 5 21:49:21 UTC 2009

I've been running Mythbuntu Hardy for quite a while, haven't bothered
doing any updates or anything. So today I was bored enough that I
decided to get it all updated. The system updates were easy enough but I
noticed there were no mythtv updates.

So I did some digging and found the weekly auto builds repo. After
getting that setup I discovered that I could update my current
0.21.0+fixes18207 version to 0.21.0+fixes20673.

The update went fine until apt hit the mythtv-database package. This
package brought up a interactive menu asking for my mysql password so it
could "create" a mythconverg database. This kind of freaked me out so I
just hit enter a few times until the menu went away and saw this output
"Failed to connect to database (incorrect admin password)"

Everything else looked fine so I fired up mythfrontend and everything
seems to work. So my question is should I run dpkg-reconfigure and
complete that package's installation? Also I grepped
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log for "Schema" and it replies 1214, which
is the same as it was before the upgrade.

Should my schema have changed since this wasn't a major release update
just a fixes version?

Thanks
Mike