[mythtv-users] Problem with VDPAU after broadcaster changes it encoder

David Wong david.wong at marvel.com.hk
Sat Jun 6 00:15:57 UTC 2009

----- "Mark Kendall" <mark.kendall at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/2 David Wong <david.wong at marvel.com.hk>:
> >
> > I just uploaded two recorded files from mythtv 0.21:
> >
> > HD Jade:
> > http://www.sendspace.com/file/izsffg
> >
> > J2:
> > http://www.sendspace.com/file/sf3ug8
> >
> > One interesting point is that the HD recording can be played inside
> the small box in recording preview.
>
> That's to be expected - the preview window is unaccelerated, so it
> isn't using vdpau.
>
> > Thanks again for your testing.
>
> Well - the good news is that both these clips play back without issue
> for me with trunk. mplayer is happy with the SD but as you said
> originally, it plays the HD clip back very slowly. I'm guessing that
> the problem with the previous clips was related to the corruption at
> the beginning of the streams - can't quite put my finger on it but...
>
> Anyway, if your HD source still isn't playing with trunk then I would
> definitely suggest it's your card/driver combo that is the issue -
> in
> which case it might be worth posting a bug report and clip on the
> nvnews linux forums. 185.18.14 does seem to have fixed some other
> h264
> clips that I have, so it may be worth giving it a try.  You might
> also
> want to check one of your card settings - in mythtv-setup->capture
> cards->your dvb card->recording options, make sure 'wait for seq
> start
> header' is enabled. May not be an issue but should minimise initial
> stream garbage.
>
> and lastly, can you post the output of 'mythfrontend -v
> playback,audio' when attempting to play back the HD channel - it
> might
> just give some hints.
>
> thanks and regards
>
> Mark

Mark,

  I still having problem on HD source with trunk and vdpau. I've tried 185.18.14, still the same. In my
environment, mplayer svn could play it with "-mc 2" option, using vdpau acceleration, so I think there
is nothing wrong with vdpau itself.
see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=133915
People could play it on xine-vdpau too. I checked 'wait for seq start header' too, it should be already on.

  I've filed a mythtv ticket #6603, http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6603

  Please suggest how should I help and debug. I've compared libavcodec of mythtv trunk and mplayer svn.
There are quite some differences on H264 and vdpau, at least about MBAFF.

Regards,
David