[mythtv-users] Problem with logitech remote on menus

Steve V olivuts at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 11:54:49 UTC 2009

I have just changed to a Logitech Harmony remote. My receiver is a Soundgraph imon.

The remote seems to mostly work OK except when I am accessing on screen menus.

For example if I am watching a recording and I press menu then up or down buttons to get to advert auto skip, then right button to get submenu, the submenu shows up - so far the up and down buttons have worked exactly as I would expect.

If I now push up or down (with the submenu still showing) the submenu dissapears and the recording jumps back or forward. This is the behaviour I would expect if the submenu was not on the screen and I pushed up or down.

I have tested with the keyboard it all works fine and I have tested with the original imon remote and all works fine.

It seems almost as though the logitech remote is sending escape before the up or down. But it doesn't seem possible as the up and down work perfectly well when used in the non on screen menus - for example when changing settings - when not watching a recording. It appears that this behaviour only occurs in submenus while watching a recording - possibly also while watching live TV though I didn't think to test this before turning off the system.

Can anyone think of a logical solution to this problem?