[mythtv-users] finally found myth.find_orphans.pl, now can't connect

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 18:37:50 UTC 2009

After a fair bit of searching, I finally found version 0.21 of
myth.find_orphans.pl here:
http://svn.mythtv.org/svn/trunk/mythtv/contrib/maintenance/

(don't bother looking here
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Myth.find_orphans.pl
or here
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv/contrib )

Even though I'm passing the script the very same mysql user name and
password that I successfully use for
1)every frontend in setup->general
2)phpmyadmin to access the DB via a web browser
3)>mysql -u mythtv -p
the script still tells me  "DBI
connect('database=mythconverg:host=mediaserver','mythtv',...) failed:
Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'mediaserver' (using password: YES)"

There must be something about perl DBI that I don't understand.  In
order to use the script, do I need to set up a new, different user for
the mythconverg database (i.e. other than mythtv)?