[mythtv-users] crash during channel switch

Z F mail4me9999 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 05:02:57 UTC 2009

hello everybody,

I am experiencing a strange problem with channel switching.

I am using digital cable (brooklyn NY, USA) QAM-256, pinnacle 800i card
kernel 2.6.26

When channel switch involves change in the frequency transport, the
operation causes LiveTV to crash and return to the main mythtv menu
with an error that "error was encontered while displaying video"
Switch between the channels which use the same frequency does not
cause any errors and works.

I have noticed that I can switch to any channel on any frequncy succesfuly
if I first tune to this channel
WFUT:795000000:QAM_256:121:122:44

Than situation repeats with the current frequency. Basically, to change the frequency I have to go through 795 MHz..

I have tried increasing vaious timeouts in acquring locka and channel switching, but that did not help.

Any ideas on what could be the problem?

Thanks

ZF