[mythtv-users] Mythtvosd not working from backend?

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Mon Jun 8 11:56:21 UTC 2009

Thomas Mørch wrote:
> I have been fiddling with mythtvosd, but it fails when I run it from my
> backend.
>
> If I run mythtvosd from the backend, my frontend machine doesn't do
> anything. If I use another computer on the network, it shows the osd. So at
> least the frontend is working.
>
>  The backend serves as both myth backend, with a couple of receivers, as
> well as mail, web etc. server, and firewall.
>
> I have tried to disable the firewall (shorewall) clearing the netfilter
> tables, but it doesn't help.
>
> Any pointers?

I use mythtvosd to display caller id information, as described in the
wiki.  I have it setup on each frontend that I have, however, and I did
not think it was possible to use it from the backend to "send" a message
  to a particular frontend to be displayed on it's OSD.

What is the command line you are using to do this?  Are you getting an
error message when you say it doesn't work?