[mythtv-users] Zotac ION / no video using DVI/HDMI and nvidia driver

Taylor Ralph tralph11 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 20:46:37 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 6/7/09, Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] Zotac ION / no video using DVI/HDMI and nvidia driver
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> Date: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 7:54 PM
>
> I tried using the same DVI - HDMI cable I was using
> with the mac - same thing, blank screen.
>
> I tried using the VGA connection and the modeline I
> was using for my DVI connection - and get a wonderful
> 1920x1080 60p signal!

I had a similar problem with a 9400 GT video card so if your VGA works then try this solution:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1882565&postcount=3

It might cause the audio to not work but it might at least fix your HDMI video. It seems newer 8xxx/9xxx series Nvidia cards try to change the signal when an HDMI connection is detected.

Good luck!

--
Taylor