[mythtv-users] Breaks between back-to-back recordings?

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 01:28:42 UTC 2009

I'm using an HD-PVR but I noticed the same behavior with firewire and
s-video capture. When watching live TV, the backend's normal behavior is to
start a new file when a new program starts, then seamlesly transition in
playback. At least that's what I think is going on. But it seems to me that
it should do the same thing when recording back-to-back programs on the same
channel. Currently, the first recording stops, the channel-change script is
executed again, and the recording process starts anew. This leaves at least
a few seconds of gap between programs. Sometimes the tag from the first show
gets cut off and the second recording doesn;t pick it up.

Is it possible to make back-to-back recordings on the same channel emulate
the gapless playback method of live TV?