[mythtv-users] Minor issues after update to mythbuntu 9.04

Alan Marchiori alan at alanmarian.com
Tue Jun 9 02:46:28 UTC 2009

1) after resume from suspend it asks for a password.  There is no
password on boot and I can't find where to disable this from the GUI.
2) screen saver (screen blanks) while playing videos.  Disabling the
screen blank works, but in 8.10 I didn't have to do this--and I have a
plasma so I like that it blanks after a reasonable timeout.
3) remote control doesn't work after resuming from suspend.  I've
never hard problems with lirc and don't even know where to start
debugging this.  Works 100% from a cold boot.
4) mounting my cifs(samba) shared videos directory is slow on boot
(~30 seconds+?) but does work.  This is the fstab entry that worked
fine under 8.10:
//192.168.1.4/videos /var/lib/mythtv/videos cifs
username=myth,credentials=/etc/samba/smbpasswd,_netdev,uid=myth,gid=users
0 0

I apologize for the laundry list of issues but the wife is starting to
get impatient :) and I think most of these should be simple to fix
(famous last words).

thanks