[mythtv-users] upnp only workin when twonkeymedia is running.

Svend Høst svend at hoest.nu
Tue Jun 9 18:38:35 UTC 2009

Hi

I have a weird problem. My router/backend server on the ceiling dosen't
advertise the upnp service in a proper way. I've been trying for several
day's to set up a mythtv client against the router without luck. The upnp
service can't be found by my mythtv client, nor my syabas based dvd player.

But when i installed twonkeymedia it sudenly poped up, and can now be found.
As soon i shut down twonkey it disapears.

I don't know exactly whats wrong, and i seem to remember that it has
happened before, when i ran mythbuntu 8.10

In both cases i sat up mythtv with the ip address of the lan netcard which
also was the local gateway for my subnet (e.g. 172.17.14.1).

could it be because i'm running mythbackend on my router ?

Wkr.
Svend