[mythtv-users] MythTV + iPod Touch

Scott Harris mythtv at webhounds.net
Tue Jun 9 19:30:44 UTC 2009

Jeff Thurston wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a better way of exporting recordings to an iPod touch?
> I use mythrename+handbrake, but would like to make this as simple as
> possible for the wife...
>
> I've tried Mythexport with limited success, but that might be due to ffmpeg.

Like the OP, I also use ffmpeg, in a user job, thusly:

/usr/bin/ffmpeg -i "%DIR%/%FILE%" -f mp4 -vcodec mpeg4 -b 1200kb  -g 300
  -ab 192 -s 320x240 -aspect 4:3 "/video/ipod/%TITLE%-%SUBTITLE%.mp4"

You just navigate to the recording you want (via myth) and have it
processes the job.  I have it output to a directory that is accessible
via http so then she can just hit the web site and start watching.  She
doesn't have to sync anything this way.

Scott