[mythtv-users] Myth experiences with Zotac ION + ATOM mobo

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:52:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Tom Lichti<redpepperracing at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been running a frontend on an 8GB USB flash drive for almost a
> year with no issues. My ION box (when it ever gets here) will do the
> same.
>
> Tom

I've toyed with netboot using GPXE and since it supports HTTP
downloads of the initrd, it is lightning fast compared to standard
TFTP.  Playing around with MiniMyth and a slow VIA CPU, it boots in
1-2 minutes which only happens if suspend/resume fails for some
reason.  I would plan to do the same should I purchase the ION
motherboard.

Has anyone heard of other manufacturers releasing ION-based
motherboards or is it a one man show for the foreseeable future?

/Brian/