[mythtv-users] nVidia drivers 185.18.14 now out, ubuntu mythtv packages update ...

Steve Curtis scurtis at fixation.net
Wed Jun 10 14:55:24 UTC 2009

2009/6/10 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>

> Sometimes when pausing or starting a recording, the PC would just
> completely freeze requiring a reboot.
> And it's getting worse.

Ahh, I just upgraded yesterday and noticed I started getting some crashes
out of Mythtv this morning when changing channels.  I was also getting all
sorts of lip sync and video stutters with 2x advanced on - which I've now
switched off.  Just as I'd got the system nice and stable - so thanks for
the heads up and means to revert back to the now "legacy" 180 branch :-)
 Odd that now Nvidia mark them as stable, they actually become unstable!

You gotta love living on the bleeding edge :-)  Thanks for all your efforts
here JY, it's really appreciated in this household.

Cheers,
Steve.