[mythtv-users] ATSC EIT confuses show descriptions?

Harry Coin hcoin at quietfountain.com
Wed Jun 10 14:55:31 UTC 2009

I suspect like many people we have an ATSC tuner to get local shows and
some other video source like cable or a dish.  So we have the show
schedules from the download service and also can turn on EIT to get
fresher stuff directly from the local broadcaster.

Anyhow, what I've noticed is that only for the shows that come via
over-the-air ATSC the descriptions will often be completely wrong for
the show, though the title is correct.  I have a morning daily news show
put on by the local broadcaster.   The title is correct as is the time
and it is recorded properly.  The description regards the murder of a
bridegroom and the bloody puzzle pieces Stella found in her car.
Meanwhile Mac had to go back to Chicago to solve his own life's mystery.

It is not always wrong, nor is it very predictable.   Is EIT broken and
should I turn it off?   Does it have a timezone problem matching
descriptions to shows?  Something?  What?