[mythtv-users] Gmane? or list-splitting

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 21:07:44 UTC 2009

On Sunday 07 June 2009 13:09:13 Richard Freeman wrote:
> Craig Treleaven wrote:
> > At 11:22 AM -0400 6/6/09, Richard Freeman wrote:
> >> ...This list is becoming very difficult to manage via email...
> >
> > Why?
>
> Well, the fact that there are over 61 unread posts to this list just
> since I wrote that email might be part of the problem.  :)  I tend to
> like to just browse the list and then read more of interesting-looking
> threads.

Would another alternative be to split mythtv-users up a bit?  The discussion
of potential hardware and the hardware requirements for different tasks could
be spun off, and would narrow down archive searches for people new to the
lists.  I certainly don't read any of the very long threads about them, but I
will want to at some point.

I'm almost tempted to suggest VDPAU go into its own list as well, as certainly
most of the traffic on here is about it :)

Stephen.