[mythtv-users] no autoexpire if commercials not flagged?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 11 01:24:28 UTC 2009

On 06/10/2009 08:58 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> Lately my backend hasn't been deleting files from the autoexpire list
> and the only thing I can think of that I changed was that I disabled
> commercial flagging in mythtv-setup. Is it possible that the
> autoexpire isn't deleting shows that haven't been flagged and so my
> drive is filling up?

Shows are never*** expired /until/ the drive fills up.  So, when you
say, "my drive is filling up," do you mean, "my filesystem becomes
completely full, causing Myth to be unable to write more data to it"?

Anyway, if you have queued/unfinished jobs on the recordings, it may
prevent them from being expired.  But there's no way that auto-expire
only works on shows that have been flagged.

Regardless, you should see more info in the backend log about why things
aren't expiring.  To see even more, run mythbackend -v
important,general,file

***OK, LiveTV recordings of less than 2 minutes are expired
"immediately" (within 2 minutes) and LiveTV recordings are expired after
1 day (unless you increased the time in the settings) even when the
drive is not full.

Mike