[mythtv-users] Gmane? or list-splitting

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Thu Jun 11 01:44:01 UTC 2009

Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Brian Wood<beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> I'd think that any MUA that will thread messages would solve your
>> problem, just ignore the threads you aren't interested in, or even delete
>> the entire thread with a single click.
>
> That's what I do. Works great.

Yes and no - the problem is that often I have thousands of messages to go
through and delete, and that is slow - at least on thunderbird.
Newsreaders handle this a bit more gracefully.  Plus I can watch threads
more easily.

In any case, I just set up innd and directed a mailing list subscription to
a local newsgroup, so I essentially have my own gmane-like solution (I'm
composing this email from knode).  I'm not really looking to get into the
news business but maybe sometime in the future once I'm sure I know how inn
works I'll expose it outside the firewall and allow those who are
interested to follow via nntp or mirror (read-only so the newsgroup doesn't
take on a life of its own).