[mythtv-users] Two new DVB-T channel in Hungary

Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Thu Jun 11 10:46:08 UTC 2009

-----Bánó Gábor wrote: -----

>Hello! We got two new DVB-T channel in Hungary with H.264 / AAC
>codec. The picture is perfect, but no sound! The mythtv (maybe
>FFMPEG) can't detect the audio codec type and doesn't play it. I'm
>recorded a short piece of broadcast and tried to play any kind of
>media players. Totem couldn't play it. Xine,Kaffeine too. But the
>Mplayer played it with sound! See:

>=====
>

>Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
>

>Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)

>=====

>=====
>

>Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
>

>Unsupported LATM configuration: 2 programs/ 57 subframes, 4 layers,
>allstreams: 0
>

>FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
>

>AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/8.33% (ratio: 16000->192000)
>

>Selected audio codec: [faad] afm: faad (FAAD AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4
>Audio))

>=====
>

>AO: [oss] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
>

>Starting playback...

Hi.

I am trying to get DVB-T to work with MythTV here in Norway which also uses
H.264 and AAC.

Is it necessary with any patches in order to scan and tune these channels
in MythTV?

scan finds all the channels when I run it and outputs a channels.conf that
looks correct.
tzap can successfully lock to the channels and makes the datastream
available.
If I pipe this datastream to mplayer svn as of yesterday it identifies the
stream as mpeg2.

If I try to import the channels.conf file into MythTV it will not find any
channels, but the signal strength and quality bars indicate quite high
values. Trying a full scan with the available frequencies gives the same
result.

I have tried this with both MythTV trunk r20409 and fixes. Also tried fixes
with JYA's latest patch for VDPAU but still no luck.

The DVB-T card I am using is a Hauppauge HVR-4000 by the way.

I am using OpenSuse 11.0 so any Ubuntu binary packages is out of the
question I guess.

Jens