[mythtv-users] DCH-6416 Firewire capture

Brad DerManouelian bderman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 21:09:35 UTC 2009

Is anyone consistently capturing Firewire from a DCH-6416 STB? I've
recently switched to cable and got 2 of these boxes. I've set them all
up as correctly as I can tell and can use test-mpeg2 to capture a
correct file from 1 of them (and the other if I power cycle the STB).
MythTV will typically record the first program fine, but then produce
zero byte files after that.

The firewire_tester and priming scripts don't seem to work with this
box since they were written for the 6200 boxes. I basically need help
priming the DCH-6416 boxes for consistent firewire capture.

Some additional info:

$ sudo plugreport
Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x0023a2fffe12916a
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=1
	channel=1, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

Node 1 GUID 0x0023a2fffe12912a
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=1
	channel=2, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 20413
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Library API      : 0.22.20090414-1
Network Protocol : 44
QT Version       : 4.4.0
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_backend
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtwebkit using_v4l
using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

Please let me know if you'd like more info and thanks for any help!

-Brad