[mythtv-users] DCH-6416 Firewire capture

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Jun 12 04:44:45 UTC 2009

Brad DerManouelian <bderman at gmail.com> says:
> I'm excited to stop using my HD-PVR boxes and simplify my setup a
> while bunch.

Have you moved into Astound territory, like Gabe Rubin and me?

I'm planning on using my HD-PVR (and buy another one) once 0.22 hits,
despite having mostly-untrammeled FireWire access, for a) smaller
recording sizes, b) access to all channels,[1] and c) futureproofing
against any policy changes. Has the HD-PVR proven to be not worthwhile
since you deployed it last year?

[1] I currently can't record via FireWire ABC, PBS, and A&E HD. ABC
and PBS I get over-the-air so it's not a big deal. In the past CBS and
an independent station have been similarly inaccessible at times, too.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array