[mythtv-users] Problems getting mythwelcome/frontend auto-starting

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 06:24:34 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm running mythbuntu 8.10. It's been working fine for some time, but
just recently has stopped running mythwelcome automatically on login.
I'm using gdm to auto-login, and I've looked through a number of
different ways to enable the starting mythwelcome on login -
~/.config/autostart, /usr/share/xsessions/mythbuntu.desktop, and
probably something else. What seems to happen is that mythwelcome (and
mythfrontend if applicable) start (i.e. the process are running if I
look at 'ps'), but they don't appear in the X session. When I log out
of the session, I get a quick glimpse of mythfrontend before the gdm
screen re-appears. I can't alt-tab to the mythfrontend app.

Any ideas what's going on?

Cheers,

vik