[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu firewire

William william_munson at comcast.net
Sat Jun 13 11:00:43 UTC 2009

On 06/13/2009 12:47 AM, Mitch Gore wrote:

> Well i found how to compile and configure test-mpeg2.  I see the same
> overlayed error in that but i do get a file.  So why can test-mpeg2
> work but not mythtv?
>
> oh, i have  SA 8300HD
>
> --
> Mitchell

Myth needs to be able to issue a channel change command with a good
return value before it will try to capture a stream. Try setting your
channel change command to a blank line which will enable the internal
changer. Also try setting your capture device to broadcast -vs-
point-to-point. I had to increase the signal timeout value to 5000 (5
seconds) or it would sometimes time-out on a good channel if there were
any hiccups at all. Even with all this, the darn thing will still
sometimes fail to work.